‘Pak guilty of not genuinely acting against militants in country’
Washington: Former Pakistan envoy to the US, Husain Haqqani has said that while his country was a victim of terror, it was also to blame for not using full force of the state to eliminate militant groups.
Haqqani said that Pakistan`s sovereignty was being violated, not just by the US drone strikes, but also by militant groups that use the country as a base to carry out attacks, reports The Express Tribune. Haqqani, while speaking at the launch of the Asia Society`s report on The US and South Asia after Afghanistan, said Pakistan has to cut all ties with the militant groups.
The event`s speakers included former US ambassadors to Pakistan Wendy Chamberlin and Cameron Munter, former US Assistant Secretary of State for South Asian Affairs Karl Inderfurth and the report`s author and Asia Society fellow Alexander Evans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list