Pak hacker accused of defaming Zardari online denied bail
Islamabad: The bail petition of a man accused of publishing defamatory material against Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and hacking a local website has been rejected.
According to a Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) enquiry, a person with username "ADIL/Th3-penetrator" defaced the website ‘www.president-of-pakistan.com’ and uploaded material defaming Zardari and the country.
Subsequently, a case was registered on prima facie evidence against the username" ADiL/Th3-penetrator" and the two Internet Protocols (IPs) used to hack the site.
The IPs were subscribed by Shahbaz Khan, a resident of Pindi Ghep, who was arrested, and the CPU, DSL Modem, and other equipment used in the crime were also seized.
The defence counsel filed a bail application on Wednesday, stating that Shahbaz had been falsely implicated in the case. He pleaded that his client was innocent and also willing to cooperate with the FIA, the Daily Times reported.
The defence counsel also pointed out that the maximum punishment prescribed for the offence was a seven-year imprisonment, and that bail was normally granted in cases having less than 10 years of jail term.
Therefore, the accused was entitled to be released on bail in the case, which required further inquiry, he added.
The FIA produced Shahbaz with complete challan and informed the court that during the interrogation, the accused had admitted that ADIL/Th3-penetrator was his username, using which he had logged in several times.
The agency also informed the court that the Islamabad High court had disposed a bail petition filed by the accused.
Subsequently, the Additional Sessions Judge rejected the bail application and adjourned the case till May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP