Pak hacker accused of defaming Zardari online denied bail
Islamabad: The bail petition of a man accused of publishing defamatory material against Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and hacking a local website has been rejected.
According to a Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) enquiry, a person with username "ADIL/Th3-penetrator" defaced the website ‘www.president-of-pakistan.com’ and uploaded material defaming Zardari and the country.
Subsequently, a case was registered on prima facie evidence against the username" ADiL/Th3-penetrator" and the two Internet Protocols (IPs) used to hack the site.
The IPs were subscribed by Shahbaz Khan, a resident of Pindi Ghep, who was arrested, and the CPU, DSL Modem, and other equipment used in the crime were also seized.
The defence counsel filed a bail application on Wednesday, stating that Shahbaz had been falsely implicated in the case. He pleaded that his client was innocent and also willing to cooperate with the FIA, the Daily Times reported.
The defence counsel also pointed out that the maximum punishment prescribed for the offence was a seven-year imprisonment, and that bail was normally granted in cases having less than 10 years of jail term.
Therefore, the accused was entitled to be released on bail in the case, which required further inquiry, he added.
The FIA produced Shahbaz with complete challan and informed the court that during the interrogation, the accused had admitted that ADIL/Th3-penetrator was his username, using which he had logged in several times.
The agency also informed the court that the Islamabad High court had disposed a bail petition filed by the accused.
Subsequently, the Additional Sessions Judge rejected the bail application and adjourned the case till May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof