`Pak has rehearsed for attacking India`
Islamabad: Pakistan has already rehearsed its contingency plan to attack ‘identified targets’ in archrival India in case of an Indian strike on Pakistani soil, ISI chief Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha has said.
Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, who had evaded capture for a decade, was killed on May 02 in a top secret US unilateral military operation involving a small team of Special Forces in Abbottabad, located 50 kilometres northeast of Islamabad and 150 kilometres east of Peshawar.
Commenting on the killing of bin Laden by an elite US task force, Indian Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General VK Singh had said earlier this month that India is capable of conducting similar covert operations to bust extremist hubs across the border.
"I just want to say that if we get the chance, Indian force`s three units (Army, Air Force and Navy) are capable of doing such tasks," General Singh told reporters in Lucknow
Responding to statements emanating from New Delhi that India can also carry out strikes inside Pakistan, General Pasha said that any attack from the east would invite a befitting response.
He also said that a contingency plan was in place, and that targets inside India had already been identified.
“We have also carried out rehearsal for it,” the Dawn quoted Pasha, as saying during his in-camera briefing to a joint sitting of the Pakistan Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video