Pak Hindu boy school exam topper to get Rs.500,000
Islamabad: Revtash Kumar, who hails from a poor family but secured the top position in the matriculation examination in Pakistan, will be awarded Rs.500,000, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has announced.
Revtash Kumar, a resident of Rahim Yar Khan in Punjab province, wants to become a doctor but cannot afford to continue his education as his shoemaker father earns just Rs.100-150 per day, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
In response to an appeal made by his father, Ashraf announced the grant of Rs.500,000, besides promising to bear all his educational expenses, the prime minister`s spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened