Pak Hindu community urges Lahore govt to refurbish dilapidated temples
Islamabad: An organisation representing the Hindu community in Pakistan has filed a petition in the Lahore High Court, seeking directions for the Punjab government to refurbish the worship places, including the famous Jain Mandir in Lahore.
Jain Sewak Sabha filed the petition and contended that around 20 temples were in a dilapidated condition and needed immediate repair work.
According to the News, it said the indifferent attitude of the authorities concerned had allowed land grabbers to grasp the said properties.
The petitioner pointed out that protecting the rights of minorities was the constitutional duty of the government.
The organisation urged the court to order the renovation of all temples in the city and direct the government to get all temples evacuated from illegal possessions of the land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security