Pak Hindu community urges Lahore govt to refurbish dilapidated temples
Islamabad: An organisation representing the Hindu community in Pakistan has filed a petition in the Lahore High Court, seeking directions for the Punjab government to refurbish the worship places, including the famous Jain Mandir in Lahore.
Jain Sewak Sabha filed the petition and contended that around 20 temples were in a dilapidated condition and needed immediate repair work.
According to the News, it said the indifferent attitude of the authorities concerned had allowed land grabbers to grasp the said properties.
The petitioner pointed out that protecting the rights of minorities was the constitutional duty of the government.
The organisation urged the court to order the renovation of all temples in the city and direct the government to get all temples evacuated from illegal possessions of the land mafia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram