Pak Hindus demand reclamation of historic Shiva temple
Islamabad: Hindu community in Hazara region of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan have asked the government to reclaim the land of the oldest temple, Shiva Temple Chiti Gati.
The Evacuee Trust Board sold part of the land, located in Mansehra, measuring approximately 500 square metres, to a local landlord about 25 years ago in violation of revenue laws.
The Hindus approached the landlord who then allowed them to use the temple, the Express Tribune reports.
According to the paper, Shiva Temple Society Pakistan President Sham Lal said that a civil law suit, however, remains pending with the Abbottabad bench of the Peshawar High Court (PHC) since then.
Though the Hindu community is thankful to the landlord, the insufficient space for the kitchen, bathing place, lodging and lavatories has been a permanent problem for years, Lal added.
The temple in Chiti Gati is the oldest in the country and dates back thousands of years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!