Pak Hindus not permanently moving to India: FIA
Islamabad: Pakistani Hindus are not permanently moving to India and only visiting religious sites there, claims the Federal Investigation Agency, which has also been directed by government to look into complaints of forced marriages of teenage girls from the minority community.
The Hindus going to India had given statements that they intended to visit religious sites, the FIA said in a report submitted by its chief to Interior Minister Rehman Malik during a meeting here yesterday.
The report was prepared by the FIA following media reports regarding the migration of Hindu families to India.
The News daily quoted the FIA report as expressing concern that a TV news channel had "broadcast a story based on mere speculation which created undue hype."
The FIA chief contended that there were "some persons with vested interests who tried to create such a situation with a purpose" and this aspect is being investigated.
The Interior Minister directed the FIA chief to "keep a watch on those who are spreading these rumours and if the agency spots any case where some kind of injustice has been done to the Hindu families, it should be dealt with severely."
The FIA was directed to assist the committee of Parliamentarians set up by the President to look into complaints of the Hindu community in Sindh.
Interior Minister Malik assured the Hindu community that their rights would be protected and he would not allow anyone to violate the Constitution, which provides full rights to minorities for practising their religion.
Malik also directed the FIA to look into complaints of forced marriages of teenage Hindu girls and submit a report on such incidents.
The report on such forced marriages will be made public for scrutiny, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...