Pak hopes for `constructive` Indian attitude at FS talks
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday said it is going to the upcoming Foreign-Secretary level parleys with India with an "open mind" and was hopeful of a "constructive attitude" from it so that the stalled peace process can be resumed.
Referring to the upcoming meeting between the Foreign Secretaries of Pakistan and India on the margins of the SAARC Council of Ministers meeting in Bhutan, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said, "Pakistan is going to Thimphu with an open mind".
He added: "We hope India also will come to the meeting with a constructive attitude so that a comprehensive, sustained and result-oriented dialogue process can be resumed".
Pakistan, Basit said, has "always strived for normal and good neighbourly relations with India".
"To this end, it is necessary that all the outstanding issues between the two countries, including the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, are resolved through dialogue," he said.
The Foreign Secretaries are expected to meet during February 06-07 to discuss ways to revive the peace process that has been stalled since the Mumbai attacks in November 2008.
The parleys are expected to pave the way for Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi`s visit to India in March. India suspended the composite dialogue process in the wake of the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people.
It has linked the resumption of dialogue to Pakistan taking action against the perpetrators of the attacks and winding up terrorist infrastructure on its soil.
Pakistan has been pressing for the unconditional resumption of the composite dialogue to resolve all outstanding matters, including what it describes as the "core issue" of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg