Pak HR officials calls for immediate action on Baloch killings
Islamabad: The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) has raised grave concern on increased dumping of mutilated dead bodies of missing Baloch men in Karachi and has demanded immediate action.
HRCP has strongly condemned the increasing number of abduct-kill-and-dump incidents in Balochistan, the Daily Times reports.
Recently, HRCP has found several dead bodies dumped in Karachi with chits bearing their names left in their pockets for identification.
Bodies of three Baloch men, Muhammad Ramzan, Abdul Ghafoor and Abdul Razzaq, were found in Surjani Town area of Karachi within this week, the report added.
According to the report, Ramzan and Ghafoor had gone missing in Turbat area of Balochistan last week, while their families had alleged that they had been picked up by the security forces.
HRCP has demanded that the disappearance of three men and their killing must be fully investigated in a bid to bring killers to justice.
It must also be established if Abdul Razzaq was targeted because of his work as a journalist, HRCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report