Pak intel agencies warn of more terror strikes on police training schools
Lahore: Pakistani intelligence agencies have warned about a terror attack on the Farooqabad Police Training School following which security has been beefed up in and around the installation.
The Punjab Home Department has sent a circular to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and other senior officials, indicating that terrorists are planning to attack police training schools across the province, The Daily Times reports.
According to sources, Manawan police training school and the Elite training school are also on the terror hit list.
Armed gunmen had attacked the Manawan police training school, situated on the outskirts of Lahore, in March 2009. The building was wrested by the Pakistani security forces after an intense six hour-long gun-battle with the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'