Pak intel agencies warn of more terror strikes on police training schools
Lahore: Pakistani intelligence agencies have warned about a terror attack on the Farooqabad Police Training School following which security has been beefed up in and around the installation.
The Punjab Home Department has sent a circular to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and other senior officials, indicating that terrorists are planning to attack police training schools across the province, The Daily Times reports.
According to sources, Manawan police training school and the Elite training school are also on the terror hit list.
Armed gunmen had attacked the Manawan police training school, situated on the outskirts of Lahore, in March 2009. The building was wrested by the Pakistani security forces after an intense six hour-long gun-battle with the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society
- Coach appointment will take another couple of months: Sourav Ganguly
- Virat Kolhi's purple patch can only benefit Indian cricket: Ravi Shastri
- David Cameron warns Brexit would drive up food prices in UK