Pak Interior Minister orders seven-day work week
Islamabad: In a first, Pakistan`s Interior Minister on Tuesday issued an order saying his ministry would work seven days a week in view of the volatile security situation prevalent in the country.
Although since Chaudhry Nisar Khan took over as minister, the Interior Ministry has already been working for seven days a week, formal orders to the effect have been issued only now.
The senior officers and their subordinates are required to work on a rotational basis to prevent wear out and fatigue, an official statement here said.
It added that the duty roster has been approved and administration wing has also been directed to provide every possible facility in this regard.
This is said to be the first time that such a circular has been issued.
The minister has been holding a serious of meetings to improve the law and order situation in the country.
He is considered to be a close aide of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and was a key figure working behind the scenes to bring together everyone for the All Party Conference held yesterday.
Chaudhry had mentioned about the rotation system in his ministry in a recent interaction with the media.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata