Pak Interior Ministry evacuated after bombing threat to Malik
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Monday
evacuated the Interior Ministry after an anonymous caller
threatened to carry out bomb attacks targeting Interior
Minister Rehman Malik and his home.
All employees of the ministry were asked to leave the
building located within the heavily guarded secretariat
complex in the heart of the capital as a bomb disposal squad
conducted a sweep.
Malik was in his office when officials received three
The bomb disposal squad did not find any bomb and
Malik later returned to his office.
"I get many threats but I do not disclose them. Today
the media found out about the threat because a sweep was being
conducted (by the bomb disposal squad)," Malik told reporters.
The ruling Pakistan People`s Party has made many
sacrifices in the war on terror and is determined to wipe out
militants, he said.
In one of the calls, the caller threatened to target
Malik`s home. The minister’s residence was also searched by
the bomb disposal squad.
Officials said the Federal Investigation Agency had
been asked to locate the anonymous caller.
Malik directed officials to submit a report on the
incident by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof