Pak Interior Ministry evacuated after bombing threat to Malik
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Monday
evacuated the Interior Ministry after an anonymous caller
threatened to carry out bomb attacks targeting Interior
Minister Rehman Malik and his home.
All employees of the ministry were asked to leave the
building located within the heavily guarded secretariat
complex in the heart of the capital as a bomb disposal squad
conducted a sweep.
Malik was in his office when officials received three
The bomb disposal squad did not find any bomb and
Malik later returned to his office.
"I get many threats but I do not disclose them. Today
the media found out about the threat because a sweep was being
conducted (by the bomb disposal squad)," Malik told reporters.
The ruling Pakistan People`s Party has made many
sacrifices in the war on terror and is determined to wipe out
militants, he said.
In one of the calls, the caller threatened to target
Malik`s home. The minister’s residence was also searched by
the bomb disposal squad.
Officials said the Federal Investigation Agency had
been asked to locate the anonymous caller.
Malik directed officials to submit a report on the
incident by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’