Pak jailbreak: Prisoners given 15 days time to return
Islamabad: The government in Pakistan`s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province on Tuesday warned prisoners who escaped during a recent jailbreak that they would face terrorism charges if they did not surrender within 15 days.
If the prisoners who fled from Dera Ismail Khan jail during an attack by the Taliban return within 15 days, no action will be taken against them, The Express Tribune quoted its sources as saying.
Prisoners who do not return within the stipulated 15 days will face terrorism charges, the report said.
As many as 248 prisoners escaped when heavily-armed militants stormed the jail on July 29.
At least nine people, including policemen, were killed during the jailbreak.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had claimed responsibility for the attack and said that it spent over a month and Rs 10 million on the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday