Pak jailbreak: Video shows Taliban welcoming Adnan
Islamabad: A high-profile prisoner, who escaped the Bannu jail following an audacious Taliban attack, has been welcomed back into the Taliban fold, shows a dramatic video telecast on DawnNews.
Adnan Rashid, who was convicted in an attack on former president Pervez Musharraf, was shown being welcomed by the Taliban somewhere in Pakistan`s north-west, reported Dawn.
The video clip shows him talking in Pashtu with his hosts.
"Qari sahib, how are you? How is your health? Are you feeling well?"
"Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah) all is well," replies Rashid.
On a query on the jail break, Rashid nods and says "Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah)."
Rashid replied in affirmative when asked if he had been convicted in Musharraf`s suicide attack case.
Taliban militants struck at the Bannu jail early Sunday and freed nearly 400 prisoners.
At least 20 high profile prisoners, including one who was involved in an attack on former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf, were among those who escaped.
A preliminary report of the audacious attack has termed it a failure of the intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah