Pak jailbreak: Video shows Taliban welcoming Adnan
Islamabad: A high-profile prisoner, who escaped the Bannu jail following an audacious Taliban attack, has been welcomed back into the Taliban fold, shows a dramatic video telecast on DawnNews.
Adnan Rashid, who was convicted in an attack on former president Pervez Musharraf, was shown being welcomed by the Taliban somewhere in Pakistan`s north-west, reported Dawn.
The video clip shows him talking in Pashtu with his hosts.
"Qari sahib, how are you? How is your health? Are you feeling well?"
"Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah) all is well," replies Rashid.
On a query on the jail break, Rashid nods and says "Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah)."
Rashid replied in affirmative when asked if he had been convicted in Musharraf`s suicide attack case.
Taliban militants struck at the Bannu jail early Sunday and freed nearly 400 prisoners.
At least 20 high profile prisoners, including one who was involved in an attack on former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf, were among those who escaped.
A preliminary report of the audacious attack has termed it a failure of the intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'