Pak jailbreak: Video shows Taliban welcoming Adnan
Islamabad: A high-profile prisoner, who escaped the Bannu jail following an audacious Taliban attack, has been welcomed back into the Taliban fold, shows a dramatic video telecast on DawnNews.
Adnan Rashid, who was convicted in an attack on former president Pervez Musharraf, was shown being welcomed by the Taliban somewhere in Pakistan`s north-west, reported Dawn.
The video clip shows him talking in Pashtu with his hosts.
"Qari sahib, how are you? How is your health? Are you feeling well?"
"Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah) all is well," replies Rashid.
On a query on the jail break, Rashid nods and says "Alhamdullah (All praise to Allah)."
Rashid replied in affirmative when asked if he had been convicted in Musharraf`s suicide attack case.
Taliban militants struck at the Bannu jail early Sunday and freed nearly 400 prisoners.
At least 20 high profile prisoners, including one who was involved in an attack on former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf, were among those who escaped.
A preliminary report of the audacious attack has termed it a failure of the intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'