Pak jets pound Taliban hideouts, 10 militants killed
Peshawar: Fighter jets pounded Taliban
positions in the restive Orakzai tribal region in northwest
Pakistan today, killing 10 militants and injuring 14 others,
security sources said.
The jets pounded militant bases in Jabba area of
Orakza Agency, located near the border with Afghanistan.
Five hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes.
Pakistan security forces launched an operation against
the Taliban in Orakzai Agency in mid-March.
The army claims it has killed over 1,000 rebels during
the offensive though the figure cannot be independently
confirmed as journalists have no access to the conflict zone.
In a separate development, police apprehended 100
terror suspects and 35 criminals during a search operation in
Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province which borders
Hangu district police chief Abdur Rashid Khan said
among those arrested were 35 proclaimed offenders and 100
They were taken to an undisclosed location for
Police seized 17 Kalashnikovs, a heavy gun, 15 rifles,
35 pistols and five grenades from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends