Pak jets pound Taliban hideouts, 10 militants killed
Peshawar: Fighter jets pounded Taliban
positions in the restive Orakzai tribal region in northwest
Pakistan today, killing 10 militants and injuring 14 others,
security sources said.
The jets pounded militant bases in Jabba area of
Orakza Agency, located near the border with Afghanistan.
Five hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes.
Pakistan security forces launched an operation against
the Taliban in Orakzai Agency in mid-March.
The army claims it has killed over 1,000 rebels during
the offensive though the figure cannot be independently
confirmed as journalists have no access to the conflict zone.
In a separate development, police apprehended 100
terror suspects and 35 criminals during a search operation in
Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province which borders
Hangu district police chief Abdur Rashid Khan said
among those arrested were 35 proclaimed offenders and 100
They were taken to an undisclosed location for
Police seized 17 Kalashnikovs, a heavy gun, 15 rifles,
35 pistols and five grenades from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical