Pak jets pound Taliban hideouts, 10 militants killed
Peshawar: Fighter jets pounded Taliban
positions in the restive Orakzai tribal region in northwest
Pakistan today, killing 10 militants and injuring 14 others,
security sources said.
The jets pounded militant bases in Jabba area of
Orakza Agency, located near the border with Afghanistan.
Five hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes.
Pakistan security forces launched an operation against
the Taliban in Orakzai Agency in mid-March.
The army claims it has killed over 1,000 rebels during
the offensive though the figure cannot be independently
confirmed as journalists have no access to the conflict zone.
In a separate development, police apprehended 100
terror suspects and 35 criminals during a search operation in
Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province which borders
Hangu district police chief Abdur Rashid Khan said
among those arrested were 35 proclaimed offenders and 100
They were taken to an undisclosed location for
Police seized 17 Kalashnikovs, a heavy gun, 15 rifles,
35 pistols and five grenades from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!