Pak jets target Taliban positions; 24 militants killed
Peshawar: At least 24 Taliban fighters
were killed and 14 more injured on Sunday when Pakistani jets
target militant positions in the restive Orakzai and Kurram
tribal regions in the country`s northwest, officials said.
Sixteen militants were killed and 12 others injured
when jets pounded militant positions in Mamozai, Dabori and
Khadezai areas of Orakzai Agency.
A militant training camp and five hideouts were
destroyed in the air strikes.
In Kurram Agency, combat aircraft targeted Taliban
positions in Dogar area, killing eight militants and injuring
two more. The jets also destroyed two hideouts.
Pakistan security forces claim they have killed over
1,000 militants during air and ground attacks in Orakzai
Agency in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note