Pak journalists condemn killing of TV cameraman
Islamabad: Pakistani Journalist
Organisation and Reporters Without Borders on Thursday strongly
condemned the killing of a television cameraman Malik Arif in
a suicide bombing in a Quetta hospital.
Five other journalists, Noor Elahi Bugti of Samaa TV,
Salman Ashraf of Geo TV, Fareed Ahmed of Dunya TV, Khalil
Ahmed of Express TV and Malik Sohail of Aaj TV, were also
The journalists were at the hospital to film a
gathering by Shiites in support of a Shiite businessman who
had been the target of a murder attempt.
Seven other people were killed in the bombing, which
was believed to carried out by a Sunni jihadist group.
"When all the businessman`s friends and all the
journalists had gathered at the hospital, a suicide bomber
came up, opened fire and then blew himself up in the middle of
the crowd," Quetta-based journalist Malik Siraj told Reporters
A journalist for 30 years and father of four children,
Malik Arif was the second journalist to be killed in Pakistan
since the start of this year.
One the eve of his death, he recorded a message for
the TV station stressing the vital importance of crime
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!