Pak judge hearing Musharraf case recuses from bench
Islamabad: Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court has recused himself from the bench hearing the appeal challenging the cancellation of Pervez Musharraf`s bail in the judges` detention following a "smear campaign" against him on social networking websites.
Justice Siddiqui dissociated himself from the IHC`s divisional bench, comprising himself and Justice Riaz Ahmed Khan, at the start of today`s hearing of the appeal, reports The Dawn.
The appeal was filed against the rejection of the former military ruler`s post-arrest bail petition by the Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) of Islamabad.
Justice Siddiqui said a campaign was being run against him on social media with regard to the case which was why he could no longer be a member of the bench.
As a result, the bench stood dissolved and the matter of the appeal`s hearing was forwarded to the IHC whose chief judge, Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi, would decide on the issue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan