Pak judge hearing Musharraf case recuses from bench
Islamabad: Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court has recused himself from the bench hearing the appeal challenging the cancellation of Pervez Musharraf`s bail in the judges` detention following a "smear campaign" against him on social networking websites.
Justice Siddiqui dissociated himself from the IHC`s divisional bench, comprising himself and Justice Riaz Ahmed Khan, at the start of today`s hearing of the appeal, reports The Dawn.
The appeal was filed against the rejection of the former military ruler`s post-arrest bail petition by the Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) of Islamabad.
Justice Siddiqui said a campaign was being run against him on social media with regard to the case which was why he could no longer be a member of the bench.
As a result, the bench stood dissolved and the matter of the appeal`s hearing was forwarded to the IHC whose chief judge, Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi, would decide on the issue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre