Pak judge hearing Musharraf case recuses from bench
Islamabad: Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court has recused himself from the bench hearing the appeal challenging the cancellation of Pervez Musharraf`s bail in the judges` detention following a "smear campaign" against him on social networking websites.
Justice Siddiqui dissociated himself from the IHC`s divisional bench, comprising himself and Justice Riaz Ahmed Khan, at the start of today`s hearing of the appeal, reports The Dawn.
The appeal was filed against the rejection of the former military ruler`s post-arrest bail petition by the Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) of Islamabad.
Justice Siddiqui said a campaign was being run against him on social media with regard to the case which was why he could no longer be a member of the bench.
As a result, the bench stood dissolved and the matter of the appeal`s hearing was forwarded to the IHC whose chief judge, Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi, would decide on the issue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics