Pak judge hearing Musharraf case recuses from bench
Islamabad: Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court has recused himself from the bench hearing the appeal challenging the cancellation of Pervez Musharraf`s bail in the judges` detention following a "smear campaign" against him on social networking websites.
Justice Siddiqui dissociated himself from the IHC`s divisional bench, comprising himself and Justice Riaz Ahmed Khan, at the start of today`s hearing of the appeal, reports The Dawn.
The appeal was filed against the rejection of the former military ruler`s post-arrest bail petition by the Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) of Islamabad.
Justice Siddiqui said a campaign was being run against him on social media with regard to the case which was why he could no longer be a member of the bench.
As a result, the bench stood dissolved and the matter of the appeal`s hearing was forwarded to the IHC whose chief judge, Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi, would decide on the issue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant