Pak judge in Taseer`s murder case transferred
Lahore: A Pakistani high court has
transferred an anti-terrorism court judge who recently awarded
the death sentence to the self-confessed assassin of former
Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer for security reasons.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry
issued the order transferring Judge Pervez Ali Shah, who went
on long leave after receiving threats for awarding the death
sentence to Mumtaz Qadri, the killer of Taseer.
The Chief Justice placed the services of Shah at the
disposal of the Punjab government and transferred him from
anti-terrorism court no II in Rawalpindi to the child
protection court in Lahore.
The incumbent presiding officer in the child protection
court, Muhammad Muzaffar Ali Khan, had been repatriated in the
public interest, said a notification issued by the High
A grouping of 40 radical religious and hardline groups,
including the Lashkar-e-Toiba linked Jamaat-ud-Dawa and the
Sunni Tehrik, have demanded that the government should remove
Shah from his post after he pronounced the death sentence to
Radical clerics have criticised Shah for giving an
"un-Islamic" verdict and called for action against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH