Pak judge resigns after dancing video put on YouTube
Lahore: A Pakistani judge resigned on Thursday after a video showing him dancing with a girl at a party was uploaded on YouTube.
The resignation of civil judge Muhammad Masood Bilal of Khanewal district in Punjab province had been accepted, said Lahore High Court Registrar Sohail Nasir.
The High Court had initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal even before he resigned, Nasir told reporters.
Bilal attended a party to celebrate the engagement of his brother and danced with a "professional dancing girl", officials said on condition of anonymity.
A video of the dance was uploaded on YouTube on July 20.
The Lahore High Court took notice of the video and initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation