Pak judge resigns after dancing video put on YouTube
Lahore: A Pakistani judge resigned on Thursday after a video showing him dancing with a girl at a party was uploaded on YouTube.
The resignation of civil judge Muhammad Masood Bilal of Khanewal district in Punjab province had been accepted, said Lahore High Court Registrar Sohail Nasir.
The High Court had initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal even before he resigned, Nasir told reporters.
Bilal attended a party to celebrate the engagement of his brother and danced with a "professional dancing girl", officials said on condition of anonymity.
A video of the dance was uploaded on YouTube on July 20.
The Lahore High Court took notice of the video and initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India