Pak judge resigns after dancing video put on YouTube
Lahore: A Pakistani judge resigned on Thursday after a video showing him dancing with a girl at a party was uploaded on YouTube.
The resignation of civil judge Muhammad Masood Bilal of Khanewal district in Punjab province had been accepted, said Lahore High Court Registrar Sohail Nasir.
The High Court had initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal even before he resigned, Nasir told reporters.
Bilal attended a party to celebrate the engagement of his brother and danced with a "professional dancing girl", officials said on condition of anonymity.
A video of the dance was uploaded on YouTube on July 20.
The Lahore High Court took notice of the video and initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter