Pak judge resigns after dancing video put on YouTube
Lahore: A Pakistani judge resigned on Thursday after a video showing him dancing with a girl at a party was uploaded on YouTube.
The resignation of civil judge Muhammad Masood Bilal of Khanewal district in Punjab province had been accepted, said Lahore High Court Registrar Sohail Nasir.
The High Court had initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal even before he resigned, Nasir told reporters.
Bilal attended a party to celebrate the engagement of his brother and danced with a "professional dancing girl", officials said on condition of anonymity.
A video of the dance was uploaded on YouTube on July 20.
The Lahore High Court took notice of the video and initiated departmental proceedings against Bilal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’