Pak keen on moving ahead with 2nd round of dialogue
Islamabad: Pakistan on Thursday said it hoped that
the second round of its current dialogue process with India,
which began last year, would pave the way for a visit to
Islamabad by the External Affairs Minister in July.
The second round of the dialogue is currently underway and
the secretary-level talks on the Wullar barrage issue were
recently held in New Delhi, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul
Basit said during a weekly news briefing.
Dates are being worked out by the two sides for talks on
These talks will pave the way for a visit to Islamabad by
India`s External Affairs Minister in July to review the
dialogue process, Basit said.
Responding to a question about Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani`s interaction with his Indian counterpart Manmohan
Singh on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit in Seoul?
Basit expressed confidence that the meeting would help push
forward the negotiation process and make it result-oriented
The two leaders, during their brief interaction, had
reiterated their commitment to the resolve all outstanding
issues through dialogue, he said.
Asked about the construction of water reservoirs by India
on the Jhelum river? Basit said under India is allowed to
build dams on the run of the river under the Indus Waters
Pakistan has no objections to those water projects that
are in sync with the treaty, he added.
India and Pakistan resumed their dialogue process last
year after a gap of over two years in the aftermath of the
2008 Mumbai terror attacks, which were blamed on the
Since the parleys resumed, the two sides have taken
several steps to normalise relations, especially in trade.
Pakistan recently switched over to a negative list regime
for trade, paving the way for giving India Most Favoured
Nation-status by the beginning of next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi