Pak kidnappers `threatened to chop up UK boy`
London: The father of a five-year-old British boy held hostage for 12 days in Pakistan said on Sunday the kidnappers had threatened to chop off parts of the boy`s body if he did not pay a ransom.
Raja Naqqash Saeed told the Mail on Sunday newspaper how the gang holding his son Sahil had warned: "Do exactly as we say, or you will be receiving a little gift -- any part of his body."
When he tried to explain that he could not afford the amount they wanted, the gang said: "Look, you know how we came to your house in jackets packed with bullets and grenades?”
"You know what we can do to him -- we can put a jacket around him with grenades and explosives and blow him to pieces. And we will deliver what`s left of him to you in a bin bag on a roundabout."
Sahil was snatched at gunpoint from his grandmother`s house in the town of Jhelum, about 100 kilometres (65 miles) south of Islamabad, in the early hours of March 4 at the end of a family holiday.
Pakistani and British officials launched a hunt for the boy and 12 days later Sahil was recovered safe and well in a field not far from Jhelum -- but only after the boy`s uncle had paid a GBP 110,000 (USD 168,000) ransom.
That was largely recovered, however, in an international operation that resulted in five arrests in France and Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31