Pak: Kite-flyers to be booked under terrorism act!
Lahore: Kite-flyers here would now be booked under Terrorism Act if they were found deliberately endangering lives of people by using dangerous strings, a police official has said.
Lahore`s capital city police officer (CCPO) Ahmad Raza Tahir has directed a complete ban on kite-flying and asked all SHOs to ensure indiscriminate action against the usage of prohibited elements, such as dangerous strings, to ensure safety of innocent lives, a daily reported.
He also warned of strict action against anyone found involved in aerial firing and those indulging in the string-making and kite-flying for which all divisional superintendents (SPs) will be held responsible for their respective areas.
On Wednesday evening, a 30-year-old man died in Lahore after a stray kite`s string cut his throat.
According to the police, the man was on his way to work on his motorcycle when a stray kite string cut his throat; as a result of which he fell down on the road near Mandi Stop on Multan Road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!