Pak: Kite-flyers to be booked under terrorism act!
Lahore: Kite-flyers here would now be booked under Terrorism Act if they were found deliberately endangering lives of people by using dangerous strings, a police official has said.
Lahore`s capital city police officer (CCPO) Ahmad Raza Tahir has directed a complete ban on kite-flying and asked all SHOs to ensure indiscriminate action against the usage of prohibited elements, such as dangerous strings, to ensure safety of innocent lives, a daily reported.
He also warned of strict action against anyone found involved in aerial firing and those indulging in the string-making and kite-flying for which all divisional superintendents (SPs) will be held responsible for their respective areas.
On Wednesday evening, a 30-year-old man died in Lahore after a stray kite`s string cut his throat.
According to the police, the man was on his way to work on his motorcycle when a stray kite string cut his throat; as a result of which he fell down on the road near Mandi Stop on Multan Road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!