Pak lawyers boycott courts to protest Rawalpindi mosque blast
Lahore: Lawyers across Pakistan’s Punjab
province today boycotted courts to protest the terrorist
attack on a mosque in Rawalpindi that killed 40 people,
including 17 children and five senior serving army officers.
The protest was organised by the Punjab Bar Council to
protest the killing of innocent people in yesterday’s attack.
Members of the Lahore High Court Bar Association and
the Lahore District Bar Association boycotted courts and
lawyers did not appear in court to express solidarity with
families affected by the attack.
LHCBA president Nasira Javed Iqbal condemned the
attack and demanded that the government should eliminate
terrorists from Pakistan.
The lawyers also prayed for the peace of the dead and
courage for the bereaved families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'