Pak lawyers protest kidnapping of Hindu colleague
Islamabad: The kidnapping of a Hindu lawyer by unidentified men in Sindh province of Pakistan prompted protests by lawyers` groups on Monday.
The Hyderabad chapter of the Sindh High Court Bar
Association and the Hyderabad District Bar Association
boycotted courts to protest the kidnapping of Mohan Lal, a
lawyer from Mirpurkhas.
Mohan Lal, a member of the Mirpurkhas District Bar
Association, was kidnapped on Friday. His car was found near a
police station in Hyderabad sub-division.
District Bar Association president Nisar Durrani said
police had not registered an FIR on the pretext of confusion
over the jurisdiction of police stations.
Fazal Qadir Memon of the Sindh High Court Bar Association
condemned the abduction and said the kidnapping of doctors and
lawyers were going unchecked.
Memon demanded that the federal and Sindh governments
should make efforts to trace Mohan Lal and to protect members
of the legal fraternity.
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan