Pak lawyers protest kidnapping of Hindu colleague
Islamabad: The kidnapping of a Hindu lawyer by unidentified men in Sindh province of Pakistan prompted protests by lawyers` groups on Monday.
The Hyderabad chapter of the Sindh High Court Bar
Association and the Hyderabad District Bar Association
boycotted courts to protest the kidnapping of Mohan Lal, a
lawyer from Mirpurkhas.
Mohan Lal, a member of the Mirpurkhas District Bar
Association, was kidnapped on Friday. His car was found near a
police station in Hyderabad sub-division.
District Bar Association president Nisar Durrani said
police had not registered an FIR on the pretext of confusion
over the jurisdiction of police stations.
Fazal Qadir Memon of the Sindh High Court Bar Association
condemned the abduction and said the kidnapping of doctors and
lawyers were going unchecked.
Memon demanded that the federal and Sindh governments
should make efforts to trace Mohan Lal and to protect members
of the legal fraternity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video