Pak-linked suicide attacks on Kabul foiled: NATO
Kabul: NATO and Afghan forces foiled a series of suicide attacks on Kabul when they captured five insurgents allegedly linked to militants in Pakistan, officials have said.
According to NATO`s International Security Assistance Force, the group was "finalising plans for an attack in the capital" and a large cache of explosives, suicide vest parts, weapons and ammunition were seized in the overnight operation, reports the Daily Times.
Afghanistan`s intelligence agency said the "sophisticated suicide attacks" would have targeted the Afghan Parliament and the residence of Afghan second Vice President Mohammad Karim Khalili.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof