Pak-linked suicide attacks on Kabul foiled: NATO
Kabul: NATO and Afghan forces foiled a series of suicide attacks on Kabul when they captured five insurgents allegedly linked to militants in Pakistan, officials have said.
According to NATO`s International Security Assistance Force, the group was "finalising plans for an attack in the capital" and a large cache of explosives, suicide vest parts, weapons and ammunition were seized in the overnight operation, reports the Daily Times.
Afghanistan`s intelligence agency said the "sophisticated suicide attacks" would have targeted the Afghan Parliament and the residence of Afghan second Vice President Mohammad Karim Khalili.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what