Pak-linked suicide attacks on Kabul foiled: NATO
Kabul: NATO and Afghan forces foiled a series of suicide attacks on Kabul when they captured five insurgents allegedly linked to militants in Pakistan, officials have said.
According to NATO`s International Security Assistance Force, the group was "finalising plans for an attack in the capital" and a large cache of explosives, suicide vest parts, weapons and ammunition were seized in the overnight operation, reports the Daily Times.
Afghanistan`s intelligence agency said the "sophisticated suicide attacks" would have targeted the Afghan Parliament and the residence of Afghan second Vice President Mohammad Karim Khalili.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!