Pak: Malik Riaz declared as a proclaimed offender
Islamabad: An anti-corruption court in Rawalpindi has declared real estate tycoon Malik Riaz as a ``proclaimed offender`` in the 1600 kanal land fraud case.
The court issued orders to the authorities to present Riaz and other defendants of the case before the court by September 03, reports The Dawn.
The court also declared Riaz`s son, Ali Riaz, and other accomplices as proclaimed offenders. The court also summoned the property details of all the defendants of the case within a week.
Earlier on Tuesday, Riaz made another failed attempt to stop an anti-corruption court from proceeding against him in a land fraud case by filing two identical petitions in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The court, however, rejected his pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RBI looks to check customer liability in banking frauds
- Gear up for Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer launch! Invite inside
- India, Thailand, Myanmar to be connected with a 1400-km road
- Alcatel launches ''Pop Star'' smartphone for Rs 6,999
- SHOCKING! This will make your blood boil! Elderly lady thrashed by woman, cries helplessly - WATCH