Pak: Malik Riaz declared as a proclaimed offender
Islamabad: An anti-corruption court in Rawalpindi has declared real estate tycoon Malik Riaz as a ``proclaimed offender`` in the 1600 kanal land fraud case.
The court issued orders to the authorities to present Riaz and other defendants of the case before the court by September 03, reports The Dawn.
The court also declared Riaz`s son, Ali Riaz, and other accomplices as proclaimed offenders. The court also summoned the property details of all the defendants of the case within a week.
Earlier on Tuesday, Riaz made another failed attempt to stop an anti-corruption court from proceeding against him in a land fraud case by filing two identical petitions in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The court, however, rejected his pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof