Pak: Malik Riaz declared as a proclaimed offender
Islamabad: An anti-corruption court in Rawalpindi has declared real estate tycoon Malik Riaz as a ``proclaimed offender`` in the 1600 kanal land fraud case.
The court issued orders to the authorities to present Riaz and other defendants of the case before the court by September 03, reports The Dawn.
The court also declared Riaz`s son, Ali Riaz, and other accomplices as proclaimed offenders. The court also summoned the property details of all the defendants of the case within a week.
Earlier on Tuesday, Riaz made another failed attempt to stop an anti-corruption court from proceeding against him in a land fraud case by filing two identical petitions in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The court, however, rejected his pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA