Pak: Malik Riaz declared as a proclaimed offender
Islamabad: An anti-corruption court in Rawalpindi has declared real estate tycoon Malik Riaz as a ``proclaimed offender`` in the 1600 kanal land fraud case.
The court issued orders to the authorities to present Riaz and other defendants of the case before the court by September 03, reports The Dawn.
The court also declared Riaz`s son, Ali Riaz, and other accomplices as proclaimed offenders. The court also summoned the property details of all the defendants of the case within a week.
Earlier on Tuesday, Riaz made another failed attempt to stop an anti-corruption court from proceeding against him in a land fraud case by filing two identical petitions in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The court, however, rejected his pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?