Pak: Malik`s appointment as Advisor to PM challenged
Islamabad: A petition challenging the appointment of Rehman Malik, as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior, has been filed in the Pakistan Supreme Court.
Malik was appointed to his present post after his Senate membership was suspended on charges of dual citizenship.
According to The News, the petition filed by Mehmood Akhtar Siddiqui, states that Malik was made Advisor to PM following suspension of his Senate membership on the court`s order with the intention of insulting the judiciary.
The Federation, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Rehman Malik have been made respondents in the petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?