Pak: Malik`s appointment as Advisor to PM challenged
Islamabad: A petition challenging the appointment of Rehman Malik, as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior, has been filed in the Pakistan Supreme Court.
Malik was appointed to his present post after his Senate membership was suspended on charges of dual citizenship.
According to The News, the petition filed by Mehmood Akhtar Siddiqui, states that Malik was made Advisor to PM following suspension of his Senate membership on the court`s order with the intention of insulting the judiciary.
The Federation, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Rehman Malik have been made respondents in the petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what