Pak: Malik`s appointment as Advisor to PM challenged
Islamabad: A petition challenging the appointment of Rehman Malik, as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior, has been filed in the Pakistan Supreme Court.
Malik was appointed to his present post after his Senate membership was suspended on charges of dual citizenship.
According to The News, the petition filed by Mehmood Akhtar Siddiqui, states that Malik was made Advisor to PM following suspension of his Senate membership on the court`s order with the intention of insulting the judiciary.
The Federation, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Rehman Malik have been made respondents in the petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured