Pak: Malik`s appointment as Advisor to PM challenged
Islamabad: A petition challenging the appointment of Rehman Malik, as Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior, has been filed in the Pakistan Supreme Court.
Malik was appointed to his present post after his Senate membership was suspended on charges of dual citizenship.
According to The News, the petition filed by Mehmood Akhtar Siddiqui, states that Malik was made Advisor to PM following suspension of his Senate membership on the court`s order with the intention of insulting the judiciary.
The Federation, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Rehman Malik have been made respondents in the petition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents