Pak man set on fire for marrying against family`s wishes
Lahore: A man was set on fire by his wife`s relatives in Pakistan`s Punjab province Monday as he had married her three months ago against her family`s wishes, police said.
Muhammad Majid, a resident of Shehar Sultan in the suburbs of Muzaffargarh, married Samina Bibi of Karachi in court after her parents refused to agree to the wedding.
Samina`s family had registered a case of kidnapping against Majid and police arrested his father and brother for investigation.
Today, Samina`s brother Abdul Sattar and three other men came to Shehar Sultan and set Majid on fire after sprinkling petrol on him.
He sustained serious burn injuries.
Majid was taken to hospital in a precarious condition.
More than 90 per cent of his body was burnt, police and hospital officials said.
Police have launched a search for the men who attacked Majid but were yet to make any arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray