Pak man set on fire for marrying against family`s wishes
Lahore: A man was set on fire by his wife`s relatives in Pakistan`s Punjab province Monday as he had married her three months ago against her family`s wishes, police said.
Muhammad Majid, a resident of Shehar Sultan in the suburbs of Muzaffargarh, married Samina Bibi of Karachi in court after her parents refused to agree to the wedding.
Samina`s family had registered a case of kidnapping against Majid and police arrested his father and brother for investigation.
Today, Samina`s brother Abdul Sattar and three other men came to Shehar Sultan and set Majid on fire after sprinkling petrol on him.
He sustained serious burn injuries.
Majid was taken to hospital in a precarious condition.
More than 90 per cent of his body was burnt, police and hospital officials said.
Police have launched a search for the men who attacked Majid but were yet to make any arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH