Pak man set on fire for marrying against family`s wishes
Lahore: A man was set on fire by his wife`s relatives in Pakistan`s Punjab province Monday as he had married her three months ago against her family`s wishes, police said.
Muhammad Majid, a resident of Shehar Sultan in the suburbs of Muzaffargarh, married Samina Bibi of Karachi in court after her parents refused to agree to the wedding.
Samina`s family had registered a case of kidnapping against Majid and police arrested his father and brother for investigation.
Today, Samina`s brother Abdul Sattar and three other men came to Shehar Sultan and set Majid on fire after sprinkling petrol on him.
He sustained serious burn injuries.
Majid was taken to hospital in a precarious condition.
More than 90 per cent of his body was burnt, police and hospital officials said.
Police have launched a search for the men who attacked Majid but were yet to make any arrests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users