Pak may hand over captured Taliban commander to US
Islamabad: Pakistan will consider extradition of Taliban commander Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar to the US if such a request is received from Washington, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Monday.
The Taliban leader was captured in Karachi, Geo TV reported.
"No such request has so far been received," Malik told reporters here.
The minister said Chinese-made scanning devices would be installed in four provincial capitals by next year as part of the government`s anti-terror measures.
He said several high-ranking terrorists have been apprehended recently and the government would make public about the arrests only after their identification process is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui