Pak may hand over captured Taliban commander to US
Islamabad: Pakistan will consider extradition of Taliban commander Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar to the US if such a request is received from Washington, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Monday.
The Taliban leader was captured in Karachi, Geo TV reported.
"No such request has so far been received," Malik told reporters here.
The minister said Chinese-made scanning devices would be installed in four provincial capitals by next year as part of the government`s anti-terror measures.
He said several high-ranking terrorists have been apprehended recently and the government would make public about the arrests only after their identification process is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says