Pak militants kill woman school teacher
Islamabad: A female school teacher was shot and killed by suspected militants in the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Tuesday, officials said.
The teacher, identified only as Shahnaz, was going to her school when she was intercepted and shot by armed men riding a motorcycle in Shahkus area of Jamrud sub-division, officials of the local political administration said.
The suspected militants fled after the shooting.
Shahnaz sustained critical injuries and died later in a nearby hospital.
The motive behind the killing could not immediately be ascertained and no group claimed responsibility for the incident.
However, the Taliban have targeted teachers and workers of NGOs in the tribal belt in the past.
Several militant groups, including the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Islam are active in Khyber Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters