Pak minister refuses to hand over Zardari Swiss case docs
Islamabad: “Over my dead body”, this is what Pakistan’s Law Minister Dr Babar Awan Khan told Attorney General Anwar Mansoor Khan when the latter asked him to hand over documents related to Swiss money laundering cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
According to sources, all important documents and letters sent to the Swiss officials asking them to reopen the corruption cases against Zardari are being held up by Awan, and he has refused to hand them over to Khan despite several notices.
It may be noted that Khan had resigned from his post on Friday citing the ‘non-cooperative’ attitude of Awan.
Khan pointed out that since he assumed the office of Attorney General, the law minister and Law Ministry did not cooperate with him, and that he apprised President Asif Ali Zardari of this issue but the latter could not address his concerns, The News reports.
Khan blamed Awan and his ministry for the snag behind attempts in completing legal procedures for sending letters to Swiss authorities for reopening of cases involving Zardari.
He was of the view that the Law Ministry was not providing him the relevant documents, which he needed for the pursuance of the cases.
“Due to the non-cooperation and the non-cooperative attitude of the law minister and the Ministry of Law and Justice since I joined the office, and especially during the present crisis, it is not possible for me to continue in the office,” Khan’s resignation letter, which was addressed to the president, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway