Pak must dismantle terror camps operating on its soil: Ahamed
New York: It`s about time Pakistan understood
India`s concern and anguish on terrorism and took appropriate
steps to stamp out militant camps operating on its soil,
Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed has said.
"India is the worst victim of global terrorism," Ahamed
told PTI last night on the sidelines of his address to the
community members at the Indian consulate here.
His remarks came days after US Special Forces killed
al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad near Pakistan`s
India`s position on Pakistan will not change with the
Abbottabad incident, but Islamabad should take note of
international outcry and bring to book the perpetrators of
heinous crimes, including the Mumbai attacks.
The criminals and handlers are still wallowing in
Pakistan and they are being harboured despite India`s plea to
hand over them, he said.
The Minister came here at the end of his three-day tour
of the Caribbean -- Guatemala, Ecuador and Panama.
In Guatemala, Ahamed inaugurated a new building for the
Indian embassy in the presence of the President of Guatemala
Alvaro Colom Caballeros.
Ahamed also met his counterpart in Guatemala, Haroldo
Rodas, and the two discussed improving bilateral relations.
India would give more technical assistance to the country
in the field of Information Technology and offer hi-tech
scholarships to students, the minister said.
Guatemala`s government had appealed to India to modernise
the IT centre for excellence set up earlier by New Delhi to
help the people of the Latin American country.
A similar request was put forth by Ecuador and India has
accepted it, Ahamed said.
Panama sought India`s help in the expansion of Panama
Canal, which the minister visited and inspected the operations
In New York, he addressed the Indian community at a
reception hosted by Consul General Prabhu Dayal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?