Pak naval ship on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: A Pakistani naval ship will arrive on a goodwill visit to Sri Lanka on Saturday, officials said on Friday, as both the countries step up efforts for stronger maritime ties.
Pakistani High Commission "the Ship SAIF will be in Colombo from 26-29 November as both Pakistan and Sri Lanka enjoy warm diplomatic and strong military ties".
Pakistan Navy ships frequently pay port visits to Sri Lanka demonstrating the resolve of both Navies to contribute towards achieving a more secure and conducive maritime environment which is essential for the regional peace, prosperity and harmony.
In pursuit of promoting bilateral relations, Pakistan Navy provides a number of training courses for Sri Lankan Navy personnel, the High Commission release said.
The Pakistani Navy Ship SAIF will also be visiting Malaysia and Maldives after conclusion of its visit in Sri Lanka as a part of its visit to the other friendly regional countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon