Pak naval ship on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: A Pakistani naval ship will arrive on a goodwill visit to Sri Lanka on Saturday, officials said on Friday, as both the countries step up efforts for stronger maritime ties.
Pakistani High Commission "the Ship SAIF will be in Colombo from 26-29 November as both Pakistan and Sri Lanka enjoy warm diplomatic and strong military ties".
Pakistan Navy ships frequently pay port visits to Sri Lanka demonstrating the resolve of both Navies to contribute towards achieving a more secure and conducive maritime environment which is essential for the regional peace, prosperity and harmony.
In pursuit of promoting bilateral relations, Pakistan Navy provides a number of training courses for Sri Lankan Navy personnel, the High Commission release said.
The Pakistani Navy Ship SAIF will also be visiting Malaysia and Maldives after conclusion of its visit in Sri Lanka as a part of its visit to the other friendly regional countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!