Pak naval ship on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: A Pakistani naval ship will arrive on a goodwill visit to Sri Lanka on Saturday, officials said on Friday, as both the countries step up efforts for stronger maritime ties.
Pakistani High Commission "the Ship SAIF will be in Colombo from 26-29 November as both Pakistan and Sri Lanka enjoy warm diplomatic and strong military ties".
Pakistan Navy ships frequently pay port visits to Sri Lanka demonstrating the resolve of both Navies to contribute towards achieving a more secure and conducive maritime environment which is essential for the regional peace, prosperity and harmony.
In pursuit of promoting bilateral relations, Pakistan Navy provides a number of training courses for Sri Lankan Navy personnel, the High Commission release said.
The Pakistani Navy Ship SAIF will also be visiting Malaysia and Maldives after conclusion of its visit in Sri Lanka as a part of its visit to the other friendly regional countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'