Pak naval ship on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: A Pakistani naval ship will arrive on a goodwill visit to Sri Lanka on Saturday, officials said on Friday, as both the countries step up efforts for stronger maritime ties.
Pakistani High Commission "the Ship SAIF will be in Colombo from 26-29 November as both Pakistan and Sri Lanka enjoy warm diplomatic and strong military ties".
Pakistan Navy ships frequently pay port visits to Sri Lanka demonstrating the resolve of both Navies to contribute towards achieving a more secure and conducive maritime environment which is essential for the regional peace, prosperity and harmony.
In pursuit of promoting bilateral relations, Pakistan Navy provides a number of training courses for Sri Lankan Navy personnel, the High Commission release said.
The Pakistani Navy Ship SAIF will also be visiting Malaysia and Maldives after conclusion of its visit in Sri Lanka as a part of its visit to the other friendly regional countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS