Pak Navy begins exercise to check `operational readiness`
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Monday began
a massive exercise aimed at assessing its operational
readiness and preparing its personnel to operate in a
The "Seaspark 2009" exercise, spanning six weeks, will
be conducted in the North Arabian Sea. All operational units
of the Pakistan Navy, including warships, submarines and
aircraft, and personnel from the Special Services Group and
Marines are participating in the wargame, an official
The exercise has been divided into four phases –
preparatory, mobilisation, war and analysis. The opening
briefing of the exercise held this morning in Karachi was
presided over by naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir.
Units from the Pakistan Air Force are also
participating in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees