Pak Navy begins exercise to check `operational readiness`
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Monday began
a massive exercise aimed at assessing its operational
readiness and preparing its personnel to operate in a
The "Seaspark 2009" exercise, spanning six weeks, will
be conducted in the North Arabian Sea. All operational units
of the Pakistan Navy, including warships, submarines and
aircraft, and personnel from the Special Services Group and
Marines are participating in the wargame, an official
The exercise has been divided into four phases –
preparatory, mobilisation, war and analysis. The opening
briefing of the exercise held this morning in Karachi was
presided over by naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir.
Units from the Pakistan Air Force are also
participating in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman