Pak Navy begins exercise to check `operational readiness`
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Monday began
a massive exercise aimed at assessing its operational
readiness and preparing its personnel to operate in a
The "Seaspark 2009" exercise, spanning six weeks, will
be conducted in the North Arabian Sea. All operational units
of the Pakistan Navy, including warships, submarines and
aircraft, and personnel from the Special Services Group and
Marines are participating in the wargame, an official
The exercise has been divided into four phases –
preparatory, mobilisation, war and analysis. The opening
briefing of the exercise held this morning in Karachi was
presided over by naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir.
Units from the Pakistan Air Force are also
participating in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?