Pak Navy begins exercise to check `operational readiness`
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Monday began
a massive exercise aimed at assessing its operational
readiness and preparing its personnel to operate in a
The "Seaspark 2009" exercise, spanning six weeks, will
be conducted in the North Arabian Sea. All operational units
of the Pakistan Navy, including warships, submarines and
aircraft, and personnel from the Special Services Group and
Marines are participating in the wargame, an official
The exercise has been divided into four phases –
preparatory, mobilisation, war and analysis. The opening
briefing of the exercise held this morning in Karachi was
presided over by naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir.
Units from the Pakistan Air Force are also
participating in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery