Pak Navy begins Seaspark 2012 exercise
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy Monday began a major exercise in waters off the port city of Karachi to enhance its operational preparedness, a spokesman said.
The opening briefing for the Seaspark 2012 exercise was attended by naval chief Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila.
Seaspark has been planned "in accordance with strategic priorities and operational preparedness as well as training," the Pakistan Navy spokesman said.
All operational ships of the navy, submarines, aircraft, marine forces and establishments on shore will participate in the exercise.
Support units of the Army and Air Force would also join the exercise, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them