Pak Navy begins Seaspark 2012 exercise
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy Monday began a major exercise in waters off the port city of Karachi to enhance its operational preparedness, a spokesman said.
The opening briefing for the Seaspark 2012 exercise was attended by naval chief Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila.
Seaspark has been planned "in accordance with strategic priorities and operational preparedness as well as training," the Pakistan Navy spokesman said.
All operational ships of the navy, submarines, aircraft, marine forces and establishments on shore will participate in the exercise.
Support units of the Army and Air Force would also join the exercise, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family