Pak Navy begins Seaspark 2012 exercise
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy Monday began a major exercise in waters off the port city of Karachi to enhance its operational preparedness, a spokesman said.
The opening briefing for the Seaspark 2012 exercise was attended by naval chief Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila.
Seaspark has been planned "in accordance with strategic priorities and operational preparedness as well as training," the Pakistan Navy spokesman said.
All operational ships of the navy, submarines, aircraft, marine forces and establishments on shore will participate in the exercise.
Support units of the Army and Air Force would also join the exercise, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'