Pak Navy conducts maiden test of land attack missi
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Friday conducted the maiden test of a land attack missile system as part of efforts to test the credibility of its "deterrence at sea", a spokespersons said.
The first test of the land attack missile system, which was not identified, was part of the firing of a variety of modern missiles, the spokesperson said in a statement.
"While reassuring Pakistan Navy`s commitment and capability to defend the motherland, this firing reaffirms credibility of (the) deterrence at sea," the statement said.
All the missiles "successfully engaged the targets with pinpoint accuracy", the statement said.
"Operationalisation of land attack capability ushers in a new era and a quantum increase in the combat potential of the Pakistan Navy," it added.
The missiles were tested in the North Arabian Sea on December 19 and 21 by ships that were recently inducted in the naval fleet. The naval chief, Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila, was present on board PNS Zulfiquar to witness the tests.
"This mega weapon firing event demonstrated lethality, precision and efficacy of modern weapon systems on board the Pakistan Navy fleet’s surface platforms," the statement said.
Admiral Sandila appreciated the operational preparedness of the Pakistan Navy`s fleet and "emphasized the need to remain ever ready to respond to any challenge to our national security".
The government is cognizant of the navy`s "developmental needs and all out efforts are being made to address critical capability gaps," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory