Pak Navy conducts maiden test of land attack missi
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Friday conducted the maiden test of a land attack missile system as part of efforts to test the credibility of its "deterrence at sea", a spokespersons said.
The first test of the land attack missile system, which was not identified, was part of the firing of a variety of modern missiles, the spokesperson said in a statement.
"While reassuring Pakistan Navy`s commitment and capability to defend the motherland, this firing reaffirms credibility of (the) deterrence at sea," the statement said.
All the missiles "successfully engaged the targets with pinpoint accuracy", the statement said.
"Operationalisation of land attack capability ushers in a new era and a quantum increase in the combat potential of the Pakistan Navy," it added.
The missiles were tested in the North Arabian Sea on December 19 and 21 by ships that were recently inducted in the naval fleet. The naval chief, Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila, was present on board PNS Zulfiquar to witness the tests.
"This mega weapon firing event demonstrated lethality, precision and efficacy of modern weapon systems on board the Pakistan Navy fleet’s surface platforms," the statement said.
Admiral Sandila appreciated the operational preparedness of the Pakistan Navy`s fleet and "emphasized the need to remain ever ready to respond to any challenge to our national security".
The government is cognizant of the navy`s "developmental needs and all out efforts are being made to address critical capability gaps," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection