Pak Navy gets 2nd fast-attack ship, courtesy China
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy on Thursday launched its second fast-attack craft constructed in collaboration with China here.
A spokesman for the Pakistan Navy said the fast-attack craft named `PNS Dehshat` is the second ship of its kind and was constructed at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KS&EW) in collaboration with China State Shipbuilding, Offshore International Company and Xingang Shipyard under a transfer of technology arrangement.
The first ship PNS Azmat was inducted in the PN Fleet in June 2012.
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, who launched the craft, praised the defence cooperation between China and Pakistan and said that the construction of the missile craft at Karachi Shipyard was another example of "unparalleled" Sino-Pak relations.
Admiral Sandila added that addition of these crafts to the PN Fleet with further strengthens the offensive capability of the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi