Pak Navy gets 2nd fast-attack ship, courtesy China
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy on Thursday launched its second fast-attack craft constructed in collaboration with China here.
A spokesman for the Pakistan Navy said the fast-attack craft named `PNS Dehshat` is the second ship of its kind and was constructed at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KS&EW) in collaboration with China State Shipbuilding, Offshore International Company and Xingang Shipyard under a transfer of technology arrangement.
The first ship PNS Azmat was inducted in the PN Fleet in June 2012.
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, who launched the craft, praised the defence cooperation between China and Pakistan and said that the construction of the missile craft at Karachi Shipyard was another example of "unparalleled" Sino-Pak relations.
Admiral Sandila added that addition of these crafts to the PN Fleet with further strengthens the offensive capability of the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine
- Indian Premier League: Crisis-hit Rising Pune Supergiants sign former Kings XI Punjab skipper George Bailey
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March