Pak Navy gets 2nd fast-attack ship, courtesy China
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy on Thursday launched its second fast-attack craft constructed in collaboration with China here.
A spokesman for the Pakistan Navy said the fast-attack craft named `PNS Dehshat` is the second ship of its kind and was constructed at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KS&EW) in collaboration with China State Shipbuilding, Offshore International Company and Xingang Shipyard under a transfer of technology arrangement.
The first ship PNS Azmat was inducted in the PN Fleet in June 2012.
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, who launched the craft, praised the defence cooperation between China and Pakistan and said that the construction of the missile craft at Karachi Shipyard was another example of "unparalleled" Sino-Pak relations.
Admiral Sandila added that addition of these crafts to the PN Fleet with further strengthens the offensive capability of the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest