Pak Navy gets 2nd fast-attack ship, courtesy China
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy on Thursday launched its second fast-attack craft constructed in collaboration with China here.
A spokesman for the Pakistan Navy said the fast-attack craft named `PNS Dehshat` is the second ship of its kind and was constructed at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KS&EW) in collaboration with China State Shipbuilding, Offshore International Company and Xingang Shipyard under a transfer of technology arrangement.
The first ship PNS Azmat was inducted in the PN Fleet in June 2012.
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, who launched the craft, praised the defence cooperation between China and Pakistan and said that the construction of the missile craft at Karachi Shipyard was another example of "unparalleled" Sino-Pak relations.
Admiral Sandila added that addition of these crafts to the PN Fleet with further strengthens the offensive capability of the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement