Pak Navy gets 2nd fast-attack ship, courtesy China
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy on Thursday launched its second fast-attack craft constructed in collaboration with China here.
A spokesman for the Pakistan Navy said the fast-attack craft named `PNS Dehshat` is the second ship of its kind and was constructed at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works (KS&EW) in collaboration with China State Shipbuilding, Offshore International Company and Xingang Shipyard under a transfer of technology arrangement.
The first ship PNS Azmat was inducted in the PN Fleet in June 2012.
Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Asif Sandila, who launched the craft, praised the defence cooperation between China and Pakistan and said that the construction of the missile craft at Karachi Shipyard was another example of "unparalleled" Sino-Pak relations.
Admiral Sandila added that addition of these crafts to the PN Fleet with further strengthens the offensive capability of the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister