Pak Navy to acquire 7 submarines to meet India`s threat
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy is likely to acquire seven ‘conventional’ submarines and is in discussions with China and France for finalising the deal.
According to sources, negotiations are also on with Germany to purchase three U-214 type submarines.
Sources within the Pakistan Navy said that a high-level naval delegation would be visiting France next week to finalise the deal with French DCN Company for Marline submarines.
Islamabad is deeply interested in acquiring four Chinese Yuan and Song Class and three French Marlin class latest diesel electric conventional submarines in a bid to meet the challenge from the rapidly expanding Indian Navy, The Dawn quoted sources, as saying.
It is pertinent to mention here that a German company-HDW had drawn up technical specifications for three U-214 submarines, and a billion dollar contract was almost finalised, but the deal could not materialise due to some unknown reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack