Pak: Nawaz Sharif vows to topple Gilani government
Lahore: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has vowed to topple the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) led government, saying the integrity of the country is at stake due to its current rulers.
Sharif said he would not settle until the current rulers are removed from power.
The Daily Times further quoted him, as saying that inflation and corruption were at an "all-time high" and labourers, businessmen and industrialists were being pushed to "starvation".
Power load shedding has made life very difficult for the masses, whereas rulers are touring foreign countries, Sharif added.
He said Pakistan was prosperous during his tenure as prime minister, and vowed to serve the people even better if he comes to power once again.
He said he had faith in Pakistan’s youth, because they would lead the country forward.
"We are determined to make a new Pakistan. You help us and we will help you. Together we will make a new Pakistan," he said.
Sharif said Yousuf Raza Gilani was no more prime minister after being convicted in a contempt of court case by the Supreme Court, and resented that Gilani was "forcibly" sticking to the PM`s office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie