Pak newspaper stresses the need for earnest counterterrorism campaign
Islamabad: An editorial in a Pakistan newspaper has stressed the need for launching an earnest counterterrorism campaign and said it would be futile to make a hue and cry about the United States- led drone strikes while providing a safe haven to terrorists.
While the whistleblower website, Wikileaks has exposed Pakistan``s co-operation in the drone strikes, the Daily Times editorial says that a consistent denial of these charges by the military establishment is incomprehensible.
The editorial says Pakistan should admit its co-operation in carrying out drone strikes as these strikes have helped the army to fight terrorists in areas where ground strikes risk greater collateral damage. These drone strikes, it says ultimately serve the country``s interests in eliminating terrorism from its soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test