Pak newspaper stresses the need for earnest counterterrorism campaign
Islamabad: An editorial in a Pakistan newspaper has stressed the need for launching an earnest counterterrorism campaign and said it would be futile to make a hue and cry about the United States- led drone strikes while providing a safe haven to terrorists.
While the whistleblower website, Wikileaks has exposed Pakistan``s co-operation in the drone strikes, the Daily Times editorial says that a consistent denial of these charges by the military establishment is incomprehensible.
The editorial says Pakistan should admit its co-operation in carrying out drone strikes as these strikes have helped the army to fight terrorists in areas where ground strikes risk greater collateral damage. These drone strikes, it says ultimately serve the country``s interests in eliminating terrorism from its soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video