Pak newspaper stresses the need for earnest counterterrorism campaign
Islamabad: An editorial in a Pakistan newspaper has stressed the need for launching an earnest counterterrorism campaign and said it would be futile to make a hue and cry about the United States- led drone strikes while providing a safe haven to terrorists.
While the whistleblower website, Wikileaks has exposed Pakistan``s co-operation in the drone strikes, the Daily Times editorial says that a consistent denial of these charges by the military establishment is incomprehensible.
The editorial says Pakistan should admit its co-operation in carrying out drone strikes as these strikes have helped the army to fight terrorists in areas where ground strikes risk greater collateral damage. These drone strikes, it says ultimately serve the country``s interests in eliminating terrorism from its soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon