Pak official looses cool at LSE seminar
London: A Pakistani diplomat here lost his
cool over what he termed as "Pakistan bashing" during a
seminar organised by the London School of Economics.
Political Counsellor at the Pakistan High Commission in
London Khalid Majid, agitatedly accused certain speakers at
the seminar of indulging in "Pakistan bashing".
He was, then repeatedly requested by the Chair and
Professor Anatol Leiven of Kings College, London to elaborate
on his allegation.
However, the diplomat failed to do so.
Lieven had said that the Chinese were worried about the
internal situation and the "shambolic and corrupt practices"
The topic of the seminar was the feasibility of a modern
Pakistani professor at LSE Athar Hussain said that China
has significantly changed policy on Kashmir to the
disadvantage of Pakistan.
He added, "On the Indian front, there is a misconception
that China will always support Pakistan. However, the truth is
that China supports Pakistan up to a certain extent and is not
going to fight wars for Pakistan since it has its interests
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble