Pak orders setting up of new force to secure VVIPs, diplomats
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister
Rehman Malik today issued orders for setting up a new force to
provide foolproof security to VVIPs and diplomats.
Malik issued the directive while chairing a meeting in
Islamabad to the review law and order situation across the
He directed the Islamabad police chief to further beef
up security of Shia prayer halls, shrines and other religious
He said all-out efforts are being made to maintain
peace across the country.
The government is utilising all available resources to
curb terrorism, he said.
Most diplomatic missions in Islamabad have put in
place elaborate security measures following suicide attacks on
the Danish embassy and the Marriott Hotel, which is frequented
by diplomats and foreign nationals, in 2008.
The missions, including the Indian High Commission,
have imported bulletproof vehicles and specialised security
equipment to counter terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly