Pak orders setting up of new force to secure VVIPs, diplomats
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister
Rehman Malik today issued orders for setting up a new force to
provide foolproof security to VVIPs and diplomats.
Malik issued the directive while chairing a meeting in
Islamabad to the review law and order situation across the
He directed the Islamabad police chief to further beef
up security of Shia prayer halls, shrines and other religious
He said all-out efforts are being made to maintain
peace across the country.
The government is utilising all available resources to
curb terrorism, he said.
Most diplomatic missions in Islamabad have put in
place elaborate security measures following suicide attacks on
the Danish embassy and the Marriott Hotel, which is frequented
by diplomats and foreign nationals, in 2008.
The missions, including the Indian High Commission,
have imported bulletproof vehicles and specialised security
equipment to counter terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested