Pak-origin man sentenced to life for murdering wife
London: A Pakistani-origin man in the UK was Wednesday sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 14 and half years for the murder of his wife earlier this year.
35-year-old Sheikh Shahidul Islam of Newmill House, Devas Street had previously pleaded guilty on November 19 to murdering his wife Rushna Begum at their home in Bow.
Rushna, a mother of two young sons, was found dead with three stab wounds; one to the neck and two to her left arm.
The post mortem at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the neck.
Islam has not displayed any sign of remorse or compassion throughout the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves