Pak-origin man sentenced to life for murdering wife
London: A Pakistani-origin man in the UK was Wednesday sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 14 and half years for the murder of his wife earlier this year.
35-year-old Sheikh Shahidul Islam of Newmill House, Devas Street had previously pleaded guilty on November 19 to murdering his wife Rushna Begum at their home in Bow.
Rushna, a mother of two young sons, was found dead with three stab wounds; one to the neck and two to her left arm.
The post mortem at Poplar Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the neck.
Islam has not displayed any sign of remorse or compassion throughout the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends