Pak: Over 250 criminals arrested in crackdown
Lahore: Pakistani police have arrested more
than 250 suspected criminals from different parts of this
eastern city and seized weapons and narcotics during a
crackdown in the past few days.
"The arrests and seizures are part of an ongoing
crackdown launched on the direction of DIG (Operations) Ghulam
Mehmood Dogar in the areas of Shahdara, Manawan, Hadyara,
Burki, Kahna, Raiwind, Chung, Millat Park, Ghulshan-i-Ravi,
Iqbal Town and Sattukattla," police spokesman Nayyab Haider
told a news agency.
He said the suspects were arrested after they failed to
prove their identity, while those proving it were released
"We are also interrogating some for their alleged links
with different terror networks," he added.
He said some 28 proclaimed offenders or fugitives, 13
court absconders, 48 hardened criminals, 30 drugs peddlers and
25 others with illegal weapons had been taken into custody.
Police also recovered 15 rifles, 20 pistols, eight
kilograms of charas, two kilograms of opium and 100 bottles of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?