Pak panel to complete report on Osama by March end
Islamabad: A Pakistani judicial commission investigating Osama bin Laden`s presence in the country and the US raid that killed him is expected to complete its report
by the end of this month, according to a media report Tuesday.
The commission has to record the statements of at least two more witnesses before it can begin compiling its report, The News daily quoted its sources as saying.
The commission has already interviewed dozens of
officials, including the Inter-Services Intelligence agency
chief and top military officers.
The Al-Qaeda chief was killed during a raid by US special forces on a compound in the garrison town of Abbottabad on May
2 last year.
The commission`s report will "establish the presence of
Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad or otherwise", The News
The daily quoted an unnamed member of the commission as
saying that the panel`s report would contain a "number of
The government is yet to decide if the commission`s
report will be made public, the member said.
The two witnesses whose statements are yet to be recorded
are important, he said.
The commission is headed by former Supreme Court judge
The government set up the commission last year after the
powerful military establishment faced considerable
embarrassment for its failure to detect bin Laden’s presence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015