Pak paramilitary personnel killed by militants` rocket attack
Peshawar: A paramilitary personnel was
killed when militants attacked a security check post with
rockets in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The militants fired several rockets at the check post
in Sarband, located along the boundary between Peshawar and
the Khyber tribal region.
Frontier Corps trooper Jan Hussain and a policeman
were injured in the attack.
Hussain was taken to a hospital in Hayatabad, where he
succumbed to his injuries.
Taliban militants have stepped up attacks on security
forces amid the military operations by the Pakistan Army to
flush them out from the country`s northwest and the restive
tribal region close to the borders with Afghanistan where they
have have found a safe haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what