Pak paramilitary personnel killed by militants` rocket attack
Peshawar: A paramilitary personnel was
killed when militants attacked a security check post with
rockets in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The militants fired several rockets at the check post
in Sarband, located along the boundary between Peshawar and
the Khyber tribal region.
Frontier Corps trooper Jan Hussain and a policeman
were injured in the attack.
Hussain was taken to a hospital in Hayatabad, where he
succumbed to his injuries.
Taliban militants have stepped up attacks on security
forces amid the military operations by the Pakistan Army to
flush them out from the country`s northwest and the restive
tribal region close to the borders with Afghanistan where they
have have found a safe haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside