Pak paramilitary personnel killed by militants` rocket attack
Peshawar: A paramilitary personnel was
killed when militants attacked a security check post with
rockets in northwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The militants fired several rockets at the check post
in Sarband, located along the boundary between Peshawar and
the Khyber tribal region.
Frontier Corps trooper Jan Hussain and a policeman
were injured in the attack.
Hussain was taken to a hospital in Hayatabad, where he
succumbed to his injuries.
Taliban militants have stepped up attacks on security
forces amid the military operations by the Pakistan Army to
flush them out from the country`s northwest and the restive
tribal region close to the borders with Afghanistan where they
have have found a safe haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes