Pak Parl to debate review of foreign policy: Khar
Islamabad: Pakistan`s parliament will soon
debate a comprehensive review of the country`s foreign policy
and re-evaluation of the relationship with the US and NATO,
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Wednesday.
Khar informed the National Assembly or lower house of
Parliament that last month`s NATO air strike on two military
border posts, which killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, had prompted
In the wake of the NATO attack, when Pakistan`s
sovereignty was under threat, the Prime Minister directed
officials to reassess the foreign policy and a conference of
Pakistani envoys in key world capitals was convened to
deliberate the issue, she said in a written reply to a
Khar said the two-day envoys` conference discussed
different aspects of the country`s foreign policy, with
special focus on reassessing the relationship with the United
States and NATO.
The conference was aimed at charting out new avenues to
address challenges on the international scene, she said.
The envoys` conference reaffirmed that Pakistan`s foreign
relations continue to based on the principles of respect for
sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity, she said.
The recommendations made by the envoys will be presented
in parliament for further discussion, she added.
The NATO attack triggered an angry reaction in Pakistan
and the government closed all NATO supply routes and forced
the US to vacate Shamsi airbase in Balochistan province, which
was reportedly used by CIA-operated drones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt