Pak Parliament passes resolution against Afzal Guru`s hanging
Islamabad: Trying to fish in troubled waters, Pakistan`s Parliament on Thursday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Two days before it completes its five-year term, the National Assembly or Lower House of Parliament passed the resolution moved by Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, who heads a special parliamentary panel on Kashmir.
Besides condemning the hanging of Guru, the 2001 Parliament attack convict, the resolution expressed concern at the situation created in Jammu and Kashmir by the execution.
The House called for Guru`s body to be handed over to his family. Guru was hanged and buried within Tihar Jail in Delhi in February.
His execution triggered protests in Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan-based terror groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed have vowed to take revenge for the hanging.
The parliamentary resolution further said the international community should not remain as silent spectators in efforts to find a solution to the Kashmir dispute.
It said steps should be taken to implement the United Nations Security Council`s resolutions on the Kashmir issue.
The resolution called for an end to alleged killings in Jammu and Kashmir and the removal of the Army from towns and cities of the Kashmir Valley.
It further said all prisoners should be freed, "black laws" repealed and curfew withdrawn from the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly