Pak: Petition asks to restore Hindu worship places
Lahore: A petition has been filed in a Pakistani court asking it to direct the Punjab government to restore the worship places of Hindus in Lahore to their original condition.
Lawyer Javed Iqbal Jafri filed the petition in the Lahore High Court on Thursday.
He contended that protecting the rights of minorities was the constitutional duty of the government.
"Many temples in the city, including the famous Jain Mandar, have been demolished and illegally occupied by the land mafia," he said.
A good number of temples demolished in Lahore in 1992 in reaction to the demolition of the Babri Mosque in India could not be restored because of the government`s apathy, he said.
Jafri asked the court to direct the government to get all temples freed of illegal occupation by the land mafia and to restore them to their original condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials