Pak: Petition asks to restore Hindu worship places
Lahore: A petition has been filed in a Pakistani court asking it to direct the Punjab government to restore the worship places of Hindus in Lahore to their original condition.
Lawyer Javed Iqbal Jafri filed the petition in the Lahore High Court on Thursday.
He contended that protecting the rights of minorities was the constitutional duty of the government.
"Many temples in the city, including the famous Jain Mandar, have been demolished and illegally occupied by the land mafia," he said.
A good number of temples demolished in Lahore in 1992 in reaction to the demolition of the Babri Mosque in India could not be restored because of the government`s apathy, he said.
Jafri asked the court to direct the government to get all temples freed of illegal occupation by the land mafia and to restore them to their original condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The latest about Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif will surprise you!
- Man killed, three hurt in shooting at New York rap concert
- Indian-American appointed to Democratic party's policy panel
- Look who photo-bombed when Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh were in a bathtub
- 'Phobia 2' to explore fear of flying?